Answered By: Kathleen Cobcroft Last Updated: 30 May 2017 Views: 66
When all copies of a book are on loan, you can place a hold request using the Library Catalogue:
- From the search results screen, click on the book title to see the full record
- Click the Request button at the top of the screen
- Enter your UC login and password (Note:if your password contains a $ symbol it will not work so please contact the Library). If you are a community member, use your Library ID and PIN
- You do not need to enter an expiry date for the hold request, but may wish to
- A notice will be sent to your UC email account when the book is returned. It will be held at the Loans desk for 4 days.
Please note that books that have copies available on the shelf cannot be requested, unless the available copy is a 3 hour loan.
If your book is on an extended loan to a postgraduate student or UC staff (up to three months), you should ask at the Library Service desk to have the book recalled for you.