Answered By: Library Desk Last Updated: 30 May 2017 Views: 165
There is no 'best' medical dictionary - there are a variety of medical dictionaries suited for different needs. To find the one that best suits the medical definition you are after:
- Link from the UC Library Homepage to the Subject Guides.
- Select a health related subject guide best suited to your topic, e.g. Nursing & Midwifery or Pharmacy.
- Select the 'Dictionaries & Encyclopedias' tab.
- Skim the page for an appropriate dictionary, either an online dictionary, or one in print.
- Click to access the online dictionary or write down the call number to find the print dictionary (check if the print dictionary is available first!
- Search or look up the definition.
If you could not find an appropriate dictionary, go back to the Subject Guides list and pick another health related subject guide.