Answered By: Helen Duffy Last Updated: 15 Jun 2017 Views: 120
- Use the catalogue to search for books and DVDs on your topic
- On the Library home page enter your keywords in the catalogue or UCanFind search box.
- A list of titles will display
- Read through the list of titles and click on the title of those that may be useful. A full record will appear, often showing a table of contents
- Check the Location, Call No. and Status of the item
- Location - All items are housed in one building (building 8) but are in different collections. The most common locations are
· UC Library General – located on levels C & D
· UC Short Loan 3 hour – located on level B
· UC Short Loan 3 day – located on level B
· UC Library General 7 day – located on levels C & D
· UC Library Thesis – located on level D
· UC Library Child lit – located on level D
· UC Library Rare – closed collection (ask at Information & Loans Desk)
· Lu Rees General – closed collection (ask at Information & Loans Desk)
- Call number – General loan items with a call number range A-M are housed on level C and N-Z are on level D. Items with a call number beginning with J and K are housed on level D (These are books with subjects on government and law).
- Status – If the status is AVAILABLE go to the shelf, retrieve the book and borrow it. If there is a DUE date you have the option of placing a Request on the item
- E-books – click on the link in the full record under 'Connect to:'