Answered By: Christine Barnes Last Updated: 30 May 2017 Views: 73
This is usually caused by Firefox. When you download the file it adds a .doc ending so the file won't open as an installer file. Delete this file and try downloading it again using Internet Explorer or Chrome. This should solve the problem or try the following steps.
- Open the folder that has the EndNote installation file.
- If you can see the file extension (i.e. .doc) then delete the .doc file extension from the file name
- If you cannot see the file extensions do the following:
- Go to Start and open Control Panel
- Select Appearance and Personalization
- Select Folder Options
- Select View tab
- Turn off Hide extensions for known file types
- Click Apply, Click OK
- Go back to your folder with the EndNote installation file and delete the .doc file extension from the file name
- Your file should now act as an installation file rather than a word document