Answered By: Library Desk Last Updated: 30 May 2017 Views: 15439
Answered By: Library Desk
Last Updated: 30 May 2017 Views: 15439
To install/re-install the EndNote tab in Word
Restore the EndNote toolbar in Windows
- Open Word 2010
- Click on the File tab in the left-hand corner.
- Click Options on the left-hand-side column/menu.
- When the Word Options window opens, click on Add-Ins in the left-hand column.
- In the Manage drop-down menu (bottom of main panel), select Disabled Items and click on the Go button.
- The EndNote add-in will show up as Add-in: cite while you write (endnote cwyw.dll)
- Highlight the EndNote add-in and select Enable
- Close the Disabled Items window
- At the bottom of the Word Options window, click OK.
- Close and re-open Word 2010.
- Close Microsoft Word then go to the EndNote X7 Program Files folder:
64-bit Machines: C:\Program Files (x86)\EndNote X7\
32-bit Machines: C:\Program Files\EndNote X7\
- Run Configure EndNote.exe
- Make sure Configure EndNote components is selected and click Next.
- Select Cite While You Write add-in for Microsoft Office and click Next.
- Click Finish.
Note: The message may read that the Configuration was cancelled.
- Open Microsoft Word and look for the EndNote X7 tab in the ribbon.
Restore the EndNote toolbar: Mac
- Click on Tools and then Templates and Add-Ins...
- Click to tick in the boxes next to the EndNote add-ins to reactivate
To restore the EndNote tab if it has been disabled
- Follow the appropriate steps from the EndNote Knowledgebase
- Also, make sure in your active Word file, EndNote online is deselected (under preferences).
- Very helpful...thanks a lot!