Answered By: Library Desk Last Updated: 30 May 2017 Views: 28790
EndNote X7 or X8:
EndNote can sync your account with up to three computers, the web version of EndNote, and the EndNote iPad app.
To switch between computers:
- Click on the 'Sync Library' icon. If you are not already logged in to an EndNote account you will be prompted to login or create an account.
- Open the EndNote program on the new computer and sync your account.
(If you are unable to install EndNote on your second computer, you may wish to sign in to EndNote Online and install the Word plugin available within your EndNote Online account to add your citations.)
Earlier versions of EndNote, or to save a backup copy:
- Go to the place on your computer where your EndNote library is saved.
- Copy both the .enl file (e.g. My EndNote Library.enl) and the .data file which will have the same name (e.g. My EndNote Library.data) to a USB device.
- Make a copy of the .enl and .data files from the USB device to a place on your other computer (make sure you download a copy of EndNote to the other computer).
- Double click on the .enl file to open the EndNote library in EndNote on the other computer.
You can also email a copy of your EndNote Library, by attaching a copy of the .enl file and .data file to an email.