Answered By: Library Desk Last Updated: 15 Jun 2017 Views: 16439
The product key should load automatically once you load the files. If asked for a product key you will need to reinstall and ensure all files have been extracted or unzipped.
To download files please check the hardware requirements for your computer then click on the appropriate file.
- EndNote X6 for PC: If you are loading X6 for PC you will need to upzip the files into a new folder on your hard drive then load the software from the new folder (this is very important or the product key will not load).
- EndNote X7 for PC: If you are loading X7 for PC you will need to download both the installation and product key files into a folder, then run the installation file to install it. You don't need to open the other file.
- EndNote X6 or X7 for MAC: You will only need to download and run the one file.
If you are running Word 2013 for PC you will need to download EndNote X7.
Note: Firefox can sometimes add a .doc extension to the downloaded file. We recommend that you use Internet Explorer or Chrome to download these files.
More information is available on the UC Library EndNote Guide.
- What do I do if the product key doesn't automatically load (on Mac)? I have tried installing both X6 & X7 twice and cannot work out why I can't get the product key.
- Hello Tony
Ensure you are using Chrome or IE. Uninstall what you have downloaded and delete it from Trash and try installing again. Here is a link to a video that may help -
More instructions are available via the EndNote forum link on the Library Moodle page.
Hope this helps
- The endnote that installs for me also has no key and expires in 30 days. The link above with the guide you posted isn't working. If I reinstall will i lose my endnote files?