Answered By: Sonny Chandra Last Updated: 27 Sep 2023 Views: 48
UC will be moving to Turnitin from Semester 1 2024. Turnitin will bring the following benefits as the chosen text matching solution:
- Seamless integration with the Canvas LMS enabling more efficient workflows for staff and students.
- Enhanced reporting for staff and students.
- Access to a larger number of databases and papers.
- Improved options for feedback, engagement and educating students about plagiarism.
- Provides enhanced analytics to support faculty investigations.
- Used by the Australian Higher Education institutions and in over 1000 educational technology partners and 81 of the top 100 world universities.
- Turnitin has a database consisting of 1.8 billion archived student papers, 99 billion web pages crawled, 89 million scholarly publications as of July 2023.
- Can help detect possible cases of contract cheating.
- The Turnitin Support Center provides answers to student and staff questions via email, live chat, telephone, and self-service methods.
Turnitin's generated AI content matching feature has not been enabled at UC while it is being evaluated, staff and students will be informed if the University decides to enable this feature in future.
With the move to Turnitin it is important to understand that students retain ownership of the content of their submissions, including their intellectual property. It is also important to understand that Turnitin will not provide or display the content of their submission to any third party.