Answered By: Library Desk Last Updated: 14 Mar 2018 Views: 66
Library Search is NOT able to search within most legal databases. You will need to go directly to the law databases to find journal articles.
Law databases containing journal articles can be accessed in the Law Subject Guide:
- On the Library homepage, go to Subject Guides
- Select Law, then go to the Secondary Materials tab and select Find Journals & Commentary.
- Law databases containg journal articles are listed on this page.
- In Westlaw AU, select Journals from the left hand menu.
- Using the Free Text search box, enter search terms on your topic - e.g cannabis AND decriminalisation
- search connectors such as AND will improve the results retrieved.
- use an ! exclamation mark at the end of words to find all variations of that word - e.g. decriminali! will find decriminalise, decriminalisation, decriminalised, etc.
- U.S. focus with some UK and EU material.
- In HeinOnline, enter search terms in to the search box at the Full text sarch box. Seperate search terms with AND.
- e.g. cannabis AND decriminali*
- use an * asterisk at the end of words to find all variations of that word - e.g. decriminali! will find decriminalise, decriminalisation, decriminalised, etc.
- On the results screen, refine your search to journal articles by checking the box next to Articles in the Section Type box on the left hand menu.