Answered By: Kathleen Cobcroft Last Updated: 30 May 2017 Views: 32
Inserting footnotes into your Word document:
'Footnote' referencing styles do not automatically create footnotes in your Word document. You will need to do a two step process where you insert a footnote in Word then insert the EndNote citation into the footnote. This will place a reference number in your text and the numbered, formatted reference at the bottom of your page.
- Open your Endnote library and select the citation that you wish to insert.
- In Word, place the cursor at the position where you want to place the in-text citation, then select the References tab and click on Insert Footnote.
- Place your cursor in the footnote, and select the Endnote tab. Ensure that you have the correct style selected (in the Bibliography group).
- Insert the selected Endnote citation.
- If you need to amend the footnote using the "Edit Citations" button on the Endnote tab.
- Continue adding footnotes.
Your footnotes should appear at the bottom of each page, and in the bibliography at the end of your document.